“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A
Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A $20/hr, Fun And Fulfilling
Group Fitness Instructor Position Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Group Fitness Instructor,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a group instructor so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
You should have arrived here because you saw my employment ad on Craigslist.org that reads like this:
Looking for a Group Fitness Instructor, $20/Hour, must have excellent attitude, a people person and enthusiastic about continued fitness education. Fitness certification a plus, especially kettlebell, but not necessary. Plenty of opportunity for grow within the company and bonus potential. Check out www.OCFitnessJobs.com for more information.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Owen Evans and I run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Republic of Strength in Lake Forest, CA.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs in a semi-private group and group fitness class setting.
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start instructing in some of our classes.
My studio is located at 22661 Lambert Street, Suite 203, Lake Forest, CA near Lake Forest Drive and the 5 freeway.
I currently offer customized nutrition and fitness programs in small semi-private groups and larger group fitness classes and nutrition counseling which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness. All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching or class package which includes: nutrition counseling, exercise program design, nutritional supplements, monthly fitness assessments and possible weekly training sessions here at the studio.
If you are hired for this group instructor position, you’ll begin with 2-3 classes per day Monday to Thursday in the morning and/or evening.
Bottom line: you’ll get around 12 hours of classes per week at $20 per hour. You will be paid as an independent contractor, and have the opportunity to move up to $25+ dollars, and go full-time, including semi-private coaching, after a 90-day trial period. My studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful studio.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do in my studio.
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
* Execute the group training program: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs including kettlebells and proper cueing and correction of all exercises.
* Tracking Member Progress: In order to ensure a member’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold the group accountable to his/her health and fitness goals to ensure the best results possible.
* Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, and FMS (Functional Movement Screen) assessment. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
* Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during group training. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate substitute or regression exercise when a member needs.
* Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our members rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide our members with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
* Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my members, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the members. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a group class, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
* People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show our members energy and excitement while working with them.
* Health and Fitness Education: You do not need group training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
* Previous group fitness instruction, preferably strength based program, experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
* Basic nutrition knowledge
* National Certification, kettlebell certification, preferably SFG, RKC or HKC
* Kinesiology Degree
* CPR Certified
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone:
Please mail resume and reference to
Republic of Strength Attn: Owen Evans 22661 Lambert Street, Suite 203 Lake Forest, CA 92630
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner, Republic of Strength
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, I promise that $20/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!